Monday, January 30, 2012

Experience Capital Law

Are you still on the fence about whether you want to apply to law school?  Maybe you have already been accepted at Capital but you are unsure about what to expect as a Capital Law student?  The decision of where to attend law school is one that requires a lot of thought.  Luckily, Capital offers a number of programs throughout the year to help prospective students make an informed and confident choice.

I remember how excited I was when I received my acceptance letter from Capital University Law School.  However, I suspected moving from a rural undergraduate campus to a law school located in downtown Columbus was going to be an adjustment.  I knew that I was going to have to visit Capital first in order to quell any fears associated with relocating to a city.  That is when I heard about an upcoming Capital Law Accepted Students Day.  I immediately made a reservation.

The time soon arrived to attend the event.  I woke up early one Saturday morning, left Oxford, and was en route to Columbus.  As it turned out, the accepted students day solidified my desire to attend Capital Law School.  The faculty, staff, and students involved in planning the event were so welcoming that I immediately felt comfortable in the school.  I particularly remember an inspiring presentation by a recent Capital Law grad who had defended a young man accused of murder.  This young attorney spoke of her hard work gathering new evidence and uncovering the truth behind a careless crime scene investigation which ultimately led to a resounding verdict of not guilty.  I left Columbus that day feeling confident that Capital would provide me with an outstanding legal education.

It is important to note that I am not the only person who thinks highly of these types of events.  Capital recently hosted an Open House that numerous prospective students attended.  The positive evaluations of the event were overwhelming.  Persons in attendance thought the activities, which included presentations on professional development, admissions, and financial aid, were both engaging and informative.  Additionally, the student panel discussion received rave reviews.  Based on a final evaluation survey, not a single person stated he or she was less inclined to apply after attending this event.

As you can see, attending an open house, or an accepted students day, is a great way to make your decision of whether to apply or attend Capital Law School easier.  To stay up-to-date with the latest information regarding open houses and events visit http://law.capital.edu/Experience/.  If you cannot attend one of these Experience Capital events, you can always set up an individual visit where the Office of Admissions will tailor a visit to your individual needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment